Tuesday, October 18, 2005

visit to the doctor

I took yesterday off to try to figure out my next move---how honest should I be in my writing?  I still haven't answered that question satisfactorily.  But I seem to be phrasing the question better, and finding support from another Christian who was in a similar dilemma---Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  I always have liked Bonhoeffer.  The Cost of Discipleship was the first Protestant classic I read that revealed the depth of spirituality to which I was accustomed in Catholic writers.  He writes with a felt urgency.  He is not accomodating God to his situation in the world; rather God is commanding him how to respond to his world.  And, as a Protestant would be, he is fully invested in the world--no running off to the monastery and visions for him.  I suppose there will always be room for saints who totally are wrapped up in the presence of God---and thus have little impact on the physical, mundane level of this world.  I no longer believe though, that such is a desirable model of sanctity, though I think it appropriate that there be periods of one's life when we are completely focussed on the divine.  I have gradually changed my mind based on two factors.  One is that I live in a world where humanity currently shows great contempt for physical, mundane world.  We are destroying the Earth;  our civil institutions and infrastructures have become veritable hells which breed and nurture violent, warped souls, who then attempt to salve their pain in drug addiction.  The politics of our nation, yes, America has been fostering this destructive and selfishly materialistic bent most efficiently since I came of age---with the Reagan revolution, and the churches have all been suckered into it.  So, I, like Bonhoeffer find myself at distant odds with those who claim devotion to faith and God, and put that devotion, quite blasphemously at the service of greed, corruption, lies and sheer incompetence, not to mention nationalistic and war aggrandizement.  I read an address by Granny D, ancient, wise activist that she is, and she hits it right on the head.  The religious right is fanatical in their politics, demonizing any who supports a prochoice option.  She says religious fundamentalists are  in love with the image of the unborn fetus because it represents their own unlived potential at the fullness of life.  They have sold their own fullness of life out, to live in a comfort zone of an authority cult.  For Bonhoeffer, that authority cult was the Nazis and the German National Church, oh yes, both Protestant and Catholic.  For me, that authority cult that impinges on me most directly is Catholic, but I know that the Protestants share the same dysfunction---all I have to do is look and listen at what I see and hear.  I've tried to make it clear that my faith vision is fundamentally different from that of the SLI and the Catholic Church but they don't listen.  They live in their self-cocooned world where they control everything, because they are controlled by their own need for authority---abbots, popes, a puffed up, swaggering, boy-man President...I am free of the need for such authority, but not of the pain and suffering caused by such authority, and yesterday was just another of that.

I went to the doctor for a pap smear---I haven't had one in over 3 years.  As I showered and drove, I felt that familiar dread that told me that evil awaited me once again.  There is no greater evil than that of being betrayed by people you once trusted, and it has happened so many times over the last few years, that I recognized the psychic sensation immediately.  So I sat down in the doctors office and tried to breathe, wondering how the SLI and their minions would torture me this time. 

First of all, they had the male PA try to exam me.  I have to say I picked up on his discomfort immediately.  He, unlike the priests of SLI, was a REAL man, which is to say that he respects female boundaries however they present themselves.  That is something that DD and WM know nothing about.  I got through that by just telling him that I didn't want to be touched by him.  So then (or after about an hour of being cold and nearly naked), I got the Pap smear.  I have never had such a painful, rushed pap smear in my life.  I'm a good judge of character, and I don't believe that the doctor was causing me pain through insensitivy (or the fact that I have a deep cervix).  It was like she was doing it on purpose, a suspicion completely confirmed when she went to feel up my rectum.  She seemed relieved too, when I pushed away. 

These stupid dumbasses--they have spent years webcamming me, and spying on me and my writing, and they still haven't figured out that pain and humiliation has no effect on me, except to make me more resistant.  That is not something they would understand, because these are a bunch of spoiled brats who never knew pain until they joined the religious order and experienced the artificial pain of contemporary religious life rejection. You stupid idiots.  You don't know what pain is.  Nor do you know how to motivate me.  You want me to have a realization of my cultic abuse.  You want me to remember being anally raped.  Well, guess what?  It won't happen in a doctor's office, with my own psychic dread telling me an ordeal is underway.  It will happen when someone I love sticks their finger up my ass in an act of love.  But that's something you can accept is it?  Love? Sexual love??? (OHG)  Homosexual, anal love--Never! Never!! Never!!!.  But then for all of your violation spying on me, you don't know me, and you most definitely don't know how to heal me.  So get out of my life, and let my homosexual lover in to come heal me.  Unlike you, I am not afraid of my sexuality or of loving.  Nor am I afraid of pain, suffering or death--as long as it is real, and not the artificial stupidity of your own patriarchal control and manipulation.  Poor sobs.  What are you afraid of?  The validity and healing power of homosexual love?  Too bad---that't the way it happens...

No comments: