Monday, October 24, 2005

finished the novel about Bonhoeffer

I finally finished the novelization of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's life, which I have been reading for over a month now.  I couldn't help it.  I saw a co-worker who reads a book in a day.  I used to be like that, but anymore I get so involved in the richness of prose and my own imagination that I can't help but slow down.   In this case, I was reluctant to plumb the tragedy to the bitter end.  Of course, I knew how it ended and that made it worse.  I have just spent one of the most interiorly intense weekends as I forced myself to finish the last chapters.  I know that I need to do some extended writing on it, but it will have to wait for a couple or three days.  In the meantime, I will continue to think on what I intend to write, keeping my dream of Ratzinger from a few days ago, uppermost in my mind.

No comments: