Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Drugs and anxiety

I think that I have figured out what kind of drugs I am being force fed--depakote, or one of its kin.  The key has been the unusual appetite increase I have experienced, along with all the other symptoms.  I am sick of headaches, nausea, and bloated stomach and gas.  I don't even know how much of my double vision is caused by the eye surgery and how much by the damned drugs. I even had chest pains which were worrying me, but nothing to worry about--it's only 1 of about 4 dozen side effects that the drug causes.  All I know is that I am miserable, and having increasing difficulty functioning.  I am noticeing something else too--a very dramatic rise in social anxiety.  I am feeling like I did as a child and teenager when social interaction caused severe anxiety and a flight or fight response. I noticed it yesterday at the doctor's office and then later, when someone made casual conversation with me at the gym.  The anxiety then causes hyperactivity and the need to flee. I haven't experienced social anxiety so severe like this since I was a teenager. What eventually helped me was what always has helped me--a hard, two hour plus workout at the gym--the first time I have been able to do a real workout in months, if not over a year.  The chemical shift self-initiated naturally by the brain in response to strenuous physical activity was what calmed me down, and made me peaceful and centered.  When are people going to get the picture that pharmaceutical chemicals are horrible and damaging to the human body and soul. Now that I think about it, much of the negative, and even hostile feelings that I have been experiencing these past few weeks is an elevation in anxiety.  The damn drugs are destroying my own hardwon psychological gains of adulthood.  These morons don't understand how difficult coping with autism really is.  I realize now that emotionally and socially I am regressing--and I can thank these goddamned drugs for it.

No comments: