Friday, August 17, 2007

Feeling better after a visit to the dr.

Well, the drugging has let up a little bit, if only for a brief period.  I still have a "heavy" head with a background headache, but nothing like the constant, sick and painful headaches that have left me miserably ill, cranky, and barely able to function.  I returned all my music CD's to the library yesterday, because I felt too sick to listen to any music.  I had checked out a symphony of Mahler's that I had never heard before, but I could not listen to it, because classical music especially,  is a very "feeling" experience, and I was totally numb to any and all feeling.  Now I wish I had the CD.  I still am not in a "musical appreciation" mood, but at least I can listen to music with feeling again.  I still feel very tired though, and am living in a truly filthy house (I have been too sick to do any cleaning).  The first order of business will be to flea bomb the house again.  Fleas got into the house when I slept on the porch inhabited by my soon-to be-adopted cat, and then brought my bedding in.  They are pesky critters to get rid of.  I already tried once.  They were on the verge of extinction, but have revived to come back in force. 

 Hopefully soon, I will be able to work out again.  I am not there today--I can still feel my body cautioning me not to exert myself  not even in a mild way, unless I want to risk the excruciating, pulsating pain again.  For someone like myself, who truly enjoys being physically active, this is a real hardship.  I feel most alive when I am pushing myself physically.  Needless to say, I don't feel very alive right now.   Still, it is a respite, and I am grateful, or more accurately, my body is grateful.  In a way I regret the respite.  I am scheduled for an MRI on Wednesday, and I  want scientific vindication and proof of what is going on with these weird brain rushes that I am experiencing.  I didn't have any brain rushes last night, and I think they are directly related to the Serontonin that I am being force fed. In any case, I hope they leave a trace record in my brain; otherwise I am afraid that the drugging will continue.  But first things first--while I can do it--I got to flea bomb this house...I am not full strength, but I have got to push myself.

No comments: