Monday, December 7, 2009

Woke up with a bad head cold

Woke up with a bad head cold--I think I am getting sick but it is hard for me to tell, because the #1 way I know I am getting sick is that I feel bad, and I feel bad all the time! Dizzy, light-headed, fluish, and achy--that is status quo for me. But I have got a congested, painful ear (but I suffer from ear pains all the time--the implanst cause the pain), and I am kicking myself for going for a bike ride yesterday without my hat. The cold wind was whipping into my head and ears, and I knew that wasn't good for me, but the jacket hood was too cumbersome, and I can't remember where I put my wool toboggan. I am all congested with mucous, and recently learned, to my dismay, that benadryl, which I take nearly every night, actually generates excess amounts of mucous, which is certainly isn't good during the cold/flu season. But what can I do? A girl has got to sleep, and every night, going to bed and trying to sleep, is a struggle and even a nightmare. It is unusually cold and gray for New Mexico, and when there is no sun, I just shrink inside. So even though I had tentative plans for today, they are all shot. I had hoped to go to the gym for the first time in two weeks, hoping to start getting off this fat that the lithium just put back on me. I want to be able to fit into somehting other than sweats, when I am with my family. I need to shop for my brothers (I shop by just going to stores and looking around--I've got ideas; I just need to get out and do it). For the first time in a long time, I feel healthy enough to be out and about, but now, with this incipient cold/flu, I just want to stay at home and eat chicken noodle soup with garlic and jalapeno (have to go to the store for that, but boy does that jalapeno break up congested mucous. So I am going to spend all day at home (except for maybe a little store run), and hope that tomorrow the sun is out, and I feel better, and can go and do what I need to do.

No comments: