Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The first thing I did was check my post

The first thing I did was check my post from yesterday--to make sure it wasn't tampered with, and to see if it needed editing. Computer and blogging technology is great in the sense that you can share your thoughts immediately, but it makes for sloppy presentation and grammatical errors. I am not anal about my grammar but I really should do a better, if only brief, editing job before posting. I have really "light" hands on the keyboard and a few of the strokes just don't take. I bought a new keyboard, but still have the same problem.
I woke up today feeling mentally alert and emotionally ready for the first time in a few days. The drugs that have had me waking up hating life for the past several days were cleared from my system. I suspect that those same drugs were the ones responsible not only for my severe insomnia, but also for my highly paranoid reaction yesterday. So now Iam forcefed a new drug!!!At least this one doesn't have me groaning and hating life before I even get out of bed. This is the one (of course, I recognize it, having endured it multiple times before) that puts tremendous pressure on my head, the "claws in the head", or "torture cap" syndrome. I recognized it for the first time about five years ago, when I was still relatively healthy and was walking from the library to my truck when a cloudburst erupted over my head. I went to sprint to my truck (yep, this was years ago), but was nearly dropped by the agonizing, crippling pain that the brief physical exertion caused in my head. That is what I woke up with this morning--the crippling "claws" vised around my head. Oh, and the optic nerve, seriously swollen and impacted by all that excess pressure. Still I feel better, more capable of getting up and doing things, than I did under the hating life, dragged down feeling of the last few days. So I am going to get up and clean my house before it gets hot. I also have to get in a yoga class (been about a week--wanted to go to one, but the "dragging down" energy of the last few days overruled my best intention (it is always so hard for me to get up and go to something unless I have an established routine and right now, I don't have a yoga routine). I also need to set up a personal regimen of "shaking" (courtesy of Dahn yoga). This is very helpful for me--I think it gets the "stuck" lymphatic fluids moving, clears out my congested occipital area and brain stem area, and leaves me feeling brighter and clearer. But again, I just need to do it. But first things, first. Clean house before it gets to hot, or I get slapped with another psychotropic drug that leaves me barely functional.

No comments: